Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gratitude Challege: Day 3!

Write 2 physical abilities you are grateful for.
I am grateful for the ability to walk. Sometimes I complain about going without a car every other week, but I know I am blessed because I have two legs that work the way they are supposed to.

I am grateful for my sense of smell. Today we were in a car with someone who used some pink lemonade hand-sanitizer and it smelled lovely. I'm grateful that I had the chance to enjoy that today.

Write 2 living people you are grateful for.
I am grateful for my grandmothers, Grandma Carlene and Grandma Linda. Both of them have taught me so much about so many different things. Mostly they have taught me what kind of grandmother I want to be someday. I want to be loving and willing to listen like they are. I want to be there at my grandkids' concerts and celebrate their birthdays. I want to teach them the things I know, like how to make fudge or pie.

Write 2 things about nature you are grateful for.
I am grateful for evergreen trees, it is so nice to see a tree that looks alive and well in the middle of dozens of bleak looking bare trees.

I am grateful for mushrooms growing in lawns. There is something so magical about seeing a bunch of mushrooms pop up in a sea of green grass.

Write 2 places on earth you are grateful for.
I am grateful for Scotland. I have many ancestors from Scotland and I hear that it is a beautiful place. I hope I get the chance to go there some day.

I am also grateful for Antarctica. I have never been there either but I am grateful for the habitat it is for the penguins who live there.

Write 2 foods you are grateful for. 
I am grateful for rice and beans. They are two very simple foods and they taste good together. I am also grateful for them because I know they play an important role in keeping the hungry of the world from starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment