Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Comfort from Home

We have an hour for lunch and an hour for dinner every day. Usually, we eat and clean up in the first 30-45 minutes and then we have a little extra time to do whatever we want. Today, I decided to take a power nap during my extra 20 minutes.

This is my bed, as much as I love it, there has always been something missing about it. I bought the blanket, and sheets for my mission so I never used them at home. As I was lying there I thought, I wish I had my blankie. Barely a moment passed when there was a knock on our door. A package I had been hoping for arrived and inside it was.... My blankie!

I could hardly contain my excitement, I hugged it and couldn't stop smiling. I got that piece of home that I'd been wishing for and I felt my parents love for me in the process.


When we came to Earth to live our lives, we left our Heavenly home. Just like my new blanket and sheets, most things here are unfamiliar, but, just like my parents, Heavenly Father wanted to send us something that would remind us of our home in heaven and help us to feel His love. He sent the Holy Ghost to be our comforter.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." 
John 14:26-27

I know that we can all have the Holy Ghost as our comforter when have faith and repent and we follow the example of Jesus Christ and are baptized by someone who holds authority from God, and then receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, Acts 8:14-18

Having the Holy Ghost as a comforter in my life has brought me so much peace and comfort. It helps me to remember the love of my Heavenly Father and it keeps me smiling, just like my blankie from home. 
My blankie! (and some other items I got in my package.)




No comments:

Post a Comment