Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I've learned...



Ever since I became a missionary I've looked at people differently. Our goal is to be like the Savior and talk to everyone, and to be friendly to everyone. Of course, like Arabelle, I'm not perfect, sometimes I see someone and my initial reaction is to walk the other way, or to avert my eyes. But then I remember my calling as the Savior said in Mark 16:15 "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." If I don't talk to everyone that I see, I'm not preaching the gospel to every creature. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary, and to have the chance to look beyond the stereotype to the real person. I have met so many wonderful people because I left my comfort zone and said hi.

One thing I know is that you don't have to be a missionary to talk to everyone. I plan on continuing this pattern of being friendly and talking to everyone when my time of missionary service is up, because I never want to miss another opportunity to meet one of God's children and share what I know with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment