Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blue days


Sometimes, for whatever inexplicable reason, I feel kind of blue. Maybe it's because of the blue wrist brace I have on. Or maybe it's my blue bed sheets, or my blue mechanical pencil. (I know it's not the blue smurf I have on my desk. He makes me happy.) Whenever I do feel blue I know there is one sure way to conquer it. I sing a hymn in my head that makes me think about my Savior. One that just popped into my head was I Feel My Savior's Love


1. I feel my Savior’s love

In all the world around me.
His Spirit warms my soul
Through ev’rything I see.

2. I feel my Savior’s love;
Its gentleness enfolds me,
And when I kneel to pray,
My heart is filled with peace.

3. I feel my Savior’s love
And know that he will bless me.
I offer him my heart;
My shepherd he will be.

4. I’ll share my Savior’s love
By serving others freely.
In serving I am blessed.
In giving I receive.

Chorus
He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior’s love,
The love he freely gives me.


I know that whenever I'm not feeling great, I can change that by focusing on feeling His love for me. He is always waiting for us to come to Him so he can heal our troubled hearts. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin said, 
“Love is the beginning, the middle, and the end of the pathway of discipleship. It comforts, counsels, cures, and consoles. It leads us through valleys of darkness and through the veil of death. In the end love leads us to the glory and grandeur of eternal life.”
I know that the Savior wants us to be able to feel His love always, and all we have to do is pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment