Wednesday, September 28, 2011

POTASSIUM!

Tomato Soup has 690mg of Potassium!
Last post I talked about something I know about-erosion. This time I want to talk about something I know very little about-potassium.

A couple of weeks ago we were out walking and I started having a muscle cramp. Sister Franson, in all her wisdom, informed me that potassium helps with muscle cramps, so we decided to go on a potassium hunt.

Rumor has it that bananas have tons and tons of Potassium.
We got to the grocery store and went first to the bananas... Unfortunately the bananas they had at the store were very green and I wasn't in the mood to eat an under-ripe banana, so we kept looking.

I don't have a picture of the V8,
but carrots have lots of Potassium too.


After looking at many Nutrition Facts labels we found a large bottle of V8 Fusion.

I had high hopes for the V8, because it had lots of Potassium and I actually like the fruit flavored V8 juice. But we didn't want to buy a big-huge bottle of juice to carry around so we went to the "personal size" drink section in search of it. Unfortunately we didn't find any V8 Fusion, but there was Orange Juice, which also turned out to be loaded with potassium. So we bought our orange juice and went on our way.

I know very little about Potassium. I don't really know what it is or why it is listed on Nutrition Facts labels. One thing I do know about Potassium is that it works in making muscle cramps go away. Many people are that way with Heavenly Father. They have heard of Him, they believe He exists, and they like Him because they know that He helps when they pray to Him. The sad thing is very few people understand much about the character of our Father in Heaven. They forget that He is a loving God and that He wants the best for us, His children.

Just as I know that there are resources I can go to to learn more about Potassium, there are resources that you  can go to to learn more about your Father in Heaven. Throughout time, God has called prophets to teach the   people and communicate His will for us. The writings of the prophets can be found in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. And, because God loves us so much He has not only provided us with ancient witnesses of His existence, but modern ones as well. The weekend the living prophet and apostles will be speaking to the world in General Conference. I can think of no better resources to come to know more about our Heavenly Father than His prophets and apostles who teach us about Him and testify of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Click Here to find out more information about General Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment