Saturday, September 17, 2011

Unicorns & Rainbows

I love serving others, a big part of doing "missionary work" is doing service for people. One of the things that we do as missionaries to keep up the spirit of service is we always ask each other if there is anything we can do to serve them. 

So the other night, we were on the phone with some of the missionaries in our district and they asked us what they could do for us. After we told them what they could do for us, (get us a ride to a meeting that we were having the next day), we asked if there was anything we could do for them. They proceeded to ask us to draw a picture of a unicorn for Katrina, a 9 year old girl who just got baptized. Even though neither Sister Franson or I wouldn't refer to ourselves as particularly talented at drawing, we were excited to do it. There are very few things that I have experienced as a missionary that have made me happier than someone accepting our invitation to serve them. This is the unicorn we came up with. 

Sister Franson used her mad drawing skills, and then I colored it.
King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon said about service,

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." -Mosiah 2:17
When people agree to let us serve them, I am always so excited! Because it is not only an opportunity to serve another one of Heavenly Father's children, it is an opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father. I could never pass up an opportunity to do anything for my Father in Heaven who has already blessed me so much.

I haven't heard how Katrina felt about the unicorn, but I know that Heavenly Father is pleased that we took some time out of our day to brighten somebody else's.



No comments:

Post a Comment