Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What I KNOW

Sometimes, I like to have a scripture and quote automatically posted for everyone to read. Today, I'd like to do something a little different. I want to share with you what members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints call my personal testimony. Basically, it is what I know to be true, so here goes...

I know that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. I know that He lives and watches over each and every one of us as we stumble through our lives. I know that His literal Son is the Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He suffered in Gethsemane and on the cross in order to pay for my sins and to know how to comfort me in my sorrows. (Alma 7:12) I know that it is only through His grace and mercy that any of us have the opportunity to live with our Father in Heaven again. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God. I know that they have been provided for God's children to learn how to find the way back to Him. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in a grove of trees in answer to his sincere prayer. I know that there has been an unbroken line of prophets of God on the Earth from that time up until today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God on the Earth today. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church. I know all of these things because I asked my Heavenly Father in prayer and He answered by the power of the Holy Ghost. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

So, that is what I know. What do you know? What makes you who you are? What do you know about your eternal identity and your purpose in life? How do you know what you know? Think about these things, I'm not asking you to pour your heart out in a comment. I do want to invite you to think about this and talk to your loved ones about it. Share with them what you know and find out what they know, and if you're not sure what you know, go to your Heavenly Father in prayer and ask Him. I know He will answer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment