Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mom

My Dad and Mom
Today is my Mom's birthday! My Mom has played a huge role in my life, she has always been a great example to me. It is because of her example that I knew I'd be able to serve a mission. It is because of her that I studied my scriptures in high school. I remember several times I would get home from school and I'd see her sitting on the couch in the living room studying out of the Sunday School lesson manual with her scriptures on her lap and marking pencils on the couch next to her. Suddenly I would be hit by a pang of regret that I hadn't read out of my scriptures personally for over a week or more, then I would go to my room and study myself.

Seeing my Mom set aside the time to do what the Lord commanded even though I knew she was busy showed me the importance of the Savior in her life. For as long as I can remember I have known that my Mom believes in and strives to follow Jesus Christ. I always knew this because of how she acted. It has been a goal of mine for quite a while now to become that kind of person. I want to be someone can be picked out of a crowd as a disciple of Christ (and not just when I'm wearing the name tag). Someday, when I am a mother I hope that my children will grow up knowing that I believe in Jesus Christ by what they hear me say and see me do. I hope that because of that, their faith in Him will increase. I am so grateful to have been blessed with a mother who loves the Savior and showed that by the way she loves my brother and sister and me.

Happy Birthday Mom! Thanks for being you!



P.S. My Dad is pretty fantastic too, but I didn't talk about him because it's not his birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment