Saturday, October 6, 2012

Some things I've learned so far...

I just finished watching the first session of the 182nd Semi-annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I heard several talks by some wonderful disciples of Christ, including some Special Witnesses of Christ, (the Prophet and some Apostles).

My General Conference notebook.
I love the cover because it reminds me of what I need to
do in order to learn the Lord's will for me.
Here are a few quick highlights of what I've learned...

A great way gain confidence in my identity as a daughter of God and follower of Christ is to immerse myself in the scriptures and strive to live the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ more fully.

Apathy can be fought with repentance and increased righteous living.

I need to follow the promptings of the Spirit that I receive because I may be the means that the Lord uses to answer someones prayer.

A desire to serve is a natural consequence of my own conversion.

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal;
"But lay up for yourselves
treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." 3 Nephi 13:19-21
How I spend my time is a reflection of my priorities. The way I can show the Lord that He is my priority is by doing the things that will strengthen my relationships with my loved ones, finding happiness in the blessings the Lord has given me now, and striving to develop Christlike attributes to become more like Him.

After typing that all up it is amazing to me to see all that I learned in that short 2 hours, (and what I put on here were only the highlights!) I know that as you approach conference looking for what the Lord wants you to learn you will be able to compile your own list of personal revelation. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me next!

4 comments:

  1. Conference was awesome. I felt like they were speaking directly to me. Paraphrasing, they said, get off your butt and get doing what you know you should be doing. Stop playing words with friends, sudoku, and angry birds constantly. Quit checking face book constantly and get out and talk to people face to face, including family members. Do family history instead of just going to the temple. Go and do the temple work instead of just doing family history. Go to the temple period! Know the scriptures. Focus on what is important, share the gospel with and serve others. Oh and by the way, get your children on missions when they are 18 or 19 years old, and get prepared to serve a mission yourself. That is what I learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! It is amazing that when the prophets and apostles speak it is like they are speaking directly to us.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to share some things you've learned! I love how personal General Conference is because of revelation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Sister McCall! General Conference is an amazing means of receiving personal revelation.

      Delete