Saturday, November 12, 2011

How Is Your Faith?

So some crazy things happened last week...

A week ago Monday we got a phone call from our Mission President, he informed us that Sister Franson has been called by the Lord to serve in Clarksville with a new missionary that would be arriving the upcoming Wednesday. After he talked to Sister Franson for a bit he said to me, "Sister Anderson, how is your faith?" He proceeded to tell me that I will be staying where I am and I will be getting a new companion.

Since that phone call, all of the things that President told us would happen has happened. Sister Franson is in Clarksville and Sister Barnes is here. It has been a long week. But it's been good. I just keep coming back to that question he asked right before he gave us the big news."Sister Anderson, how is your faith?" I've spent a lot of time pondering why he asked me that question and what my response would have been if I had had some time to seriously formulate my answer. (The response I managed to come up with at the time was, "it's good...")


One thing I've done is look up a bunch of scriptures on faith, these are some of my favorites.

Faith is so important, that is why it is the *first principle of the gospel because without it everything else would be meaningless. I know I wouldn't be out here declaring the word of the Lord to strangers without faith. Without faith I likely would have had some sort of panic attack when I found out that suddenly my companion was leaving me and a new person whom I didn't know would come in her place.

It is my faith that helps me to get up everyday at 6:30 to serve the Lord. It is my faith that leads me to work hard every day far outside of my comfort zone. It is my faith that helps me know that it is okay that I am away from my family right now, because I have faith that Heavenly Father will let us live together for eternity in Heaven if we do what He asks of us.

I know that my faith is more than just blind hope, because I have many times received a "witness after the trial of [my] faith." Sometimes I do have to take a step into the dark relying completely on my faith that things will work out. But I know it will, because I know that I can rely on Christ "who is mighty to save."

So I guess that's my partial answer to President's question. I know my faith will continually grow and change as I go through this mortal experience, but I know that as I keep my faith in Jesus Christ it will always be where it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment