Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm grateful for...

I've be contemplating gratitude a lot lately (go figure), and I was flipping through the Hymn book this morning and I came across this hymn.

When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one, 

Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.


When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings—wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.


So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
Count Your Blessings, 241 
Someone pointed the line, And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done, out to me the other day and it has struck me ever since. When I think about my blessings, would I be surprised? Do I really recognize the Lord's hand in my life. So I've decided to share a list with you of some of the blessings in my life.


My parents found each other and chose to get married and start a family.
My little Sister, one of my best friends.


Fellow missionaries who are all so willing to serve the Lord.
Fun times with family!
Late night math homework with one of my other best friends!
Cupcake decorating!
My red shoes that brighten up 
even the most gloomy day away from home.
Our fan that creates great white
noise that allows me to sleep peacefully.
My scriptures, I am so blessed to have the word of God (including the Holy Bible and The Book of Mormon) so readily available to me!
My Savior, Jesus Christ made it possible for me to live Eternally with Heavenly Father, my family, and Him eternally.

 I know that this is just a short list of the many blessings I have. Try making a list for yourself and see how many things you can find that you have that Heavenly Father has blessed you with. It may surprise you to see what the "Lord hath done."

No comments:

Post a Comment