Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Faith & Obedience


Somebody once asked me, "How is your faith?" I was reminded of that question today when I read this...
"Faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of those who have faith (Rom. 10:14–17). Miracles do not produce faith, but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness, although miracles often confirm one’s faith...All true faith must be based upon correct knowledge or it cannot produce the desired results. Faith in Jesus Christ is the first principle of the gospel and is more than belief, since true faith always moves its possessor to some kind of physical and mental action; it carries an assurance of the fulfillment of the things hoped for" Bible Dictionary, Faith.
Lately I've been noticing the need for my faith to grow. I have a wonderful friend that I work with that has such incredible child-like faith and I've been pondering and praying about what to do to be more like her. I was in a meeting today when someone shared the above quote and it hit me...

FAITH+RIGHTEOUSNESS=MORE FAITH


If I want more faith, I need to be more righteous. As I find ways to be more exactly obedient to the gospel of Jesus Christ and then do them, my faith will increase to the point where my actions will be motivated by my faith rather than just my desire to have faith.

Invitation Time!

So I am going to test my theory, I am going to make a list of 4-5 things that I can do to be more righteous every day and in 2 weeks I will share with all of you how it went, in the mean time I would like to hear about YOUR experiences with faith. What have you done to grow your faith? What works? What doesn't work? What miracles have you seen because of your faith or the faith of others? I'm excited to learn from this experience and especially from all of you and your experiences.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment