Sunday, February 12, 2012

Countdown to Conference


For as long as I can remember the weekends of the first Sundays in April and October have been a special occasion in my home. My family would gather around the television and watch Apostles and Prophets of the Lord speak to the world.

When I was particularly young my Mom would give me crayons and paper and I would draw pictures of these leaders as they spoke. As I got older I would pay close attention so I would be able to talk with my family about what we learned. Now I take notes that I can refer back to along with the scriptures whenever I feel I need guidance or direction.

As I was looking at lds.org today I noticed that they have listed under Upcoming Events the dates for the April 2012 General Conference and I felt a leap in my chest. I love having the opportunity to hear from the living Prophet and Apostles of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I am so excited because my next chance is only 7 weeks away!

To help the time pass more quickly over the next 7 weeks I'm going to do a post about each of the Twelve Apostles and the First Presidency. I hope that as you join me you too will feel the excitement and anticipation as we prepare to hear what they have to teach us as special witnesses of our Savior Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment