Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hot & Cold

Did you ever play the game as a kid where you hid something and then somebody would have to look for it and you could only give them clues as to how close they were to finding it by saying "you're getting hotter" if they were moving close to it or "you're getting colder" if they were moving away from it?

I remember playing that game a lot in school, with my friends, and even at home with my family. What I never realized is the connection this game has to real life.

I actually never thought about it until my Dad mentioned it to me in an e-mail on Monday. He applied the game to real life when he was my age and has been doing it ever since.

He told me that when things would get really hard for him he knew it was because he was close to doing something good. He referenced the scriptures that talk about the fiery darts of the adversary (Ephesians 6:16 & 1 Nephi 15:24.) He said that it's like the Hot and Cold game because whenever he gets close to doing something really good that's when the devil starts shooting fiery darts at him and so it gets "hot".

I know that this can apply to all of us, for every good thing we try to do there is going to be opposition that gets in our way, but with the help of the Savior we will be able to overcome that opposition, and then enjoy the blessings that come from keeping the commandments of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment