Friday, June 8, 2012

Watermelon: Quenching Hunger and Thirst?

This is the watermelon I had for a mid-morning snack today. It was delicious.

Heavenly Father has blessed us here with so many wonderful foods we can eat to keep our bodies going, but he sent us something more important to bless our spirits.

This morning I read something that Jesus Christ taught on the subject. He said,
"...I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." John 6:35
That watermelon did a great job of satisfying my hunger and my thirst at the moment, but by lunch time I was hungry and thirsty again. I am so grateful that that is not how it works with the bread of life. As I do the things the Savior taught, my Spirit will always be filled and I will have joy. I know that this is possible for all of us who believe in Jesus Christ and strive to follow His teachings.
Now here is my challenge for all of you.
Will you come up with one thing you can do today to eat of the bread of life? (ie. pray, study the scriptures, watch a Mormon Message or Bible Video, etc.)
 I know that as you do so you will have a taste of the joy that our Savior wants all of us to have.


No comments:

Post a Comment