Tuesday, February 14, 2012

President Boyd K. Packer



“I went before [God] and said, ‘I’m not neutral, and you can do with me what you want. If you need my vote, it’s there. I don’t care what you do with me and you don’t have to take anything from me because I give it to you—everything, all I own, all I am.’ ”

I love President* Packer because of his boldness. He will always stand up and say what he knows is right. I am grateful for his attitude and his clear love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as illustrated by the quote above.



This video shows parts of a talk entitled Spiritual Crocodiles given by President Packer in the October 1976 General Conference. I remember seeing this video as a teenager in Seminary (religious education for 14-18 year old Latter-day Saints) and it has remained one of my favorites ever since. President Packer has always given special attention to helping youth come closer to Christ. I am so grateful for his guidance and direction in my life.

Here are a couple of more recent talks that President Packer has given that I love as well.

The Test: October 2008

*(Boyd K. Packer is the senior member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and so he is the President of that quorum.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment