Friday, July 15, 2011

"Where did I come from?"

 I Lived in Heaven by Janeen Jacobs Brady
I lived in heaven a long time ago, it is true;
Lived there and loved there with people I know. So did you.
Then Heav’nly Father presented a beautiful plan,
All about earth and eternal salvation for man.

Father said he needed someone who had enough love
To give his life so we all could return there above.
There was another who sought for the honor divine.
Jesus said, “Father, send me, and the glory be thine.”
Jesus was chosen, and as the Messiah he came,
Conquering evil and death through his glorious name,
Giving us hope of a wonderful life yet to be—
Home in that heaven where Father is waiting for me.


This is a song that I sang in Primary (Sunday school for children ages 3-11). I always loved singing it because of how it made me feel. I felt happy and I felt like Heavenly Father was giving me a big hug. I knew that those feelings I got meant that what I was singing was true. What I didn't really know was that those feelings I got were coming from the Holy Ghost. He was testifying to me that the words of that song are true, because that is His job,
"And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."   Moroni 10:5
I know that I lived in Heaven with my Heavenly Father and with all of His other children. I know that it is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we all can have hope to return to live with our Father in Heaven someday.


Click  here to find out more about God's Plan for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment