Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Place of Peace and Joy

 Left to right are Sarah(My Sister), Debbie(My Mom), Dave(My Dad), Brent(My Brother), and me. As you may be able to tell it was snowing when we took this picture and some snowflakes were melting on the lens.
This is my family Christmas 2010. I love my family. They mean the world to me and I would do anything for them. I love spending time with them. I especially love time spent together at home.


Modern prophets have declared that the family is ordained of God. The family was set up by Heavenly Father as a support system for His children to learn and grow together. The home can and should be a refuge from the world. Unfortunately, too few people have a home that they can go to that is a place of peace and refuge.


There are places where we can all gather as children of God whether with our families or as individuals. There are houses of the Lord where we can feel peace and joy. They are places of refuge from the world when no where else is. I go to a house of the Lord every Sunday and I experience that peace and joy spoken of. Jesus Christ established church as a place where we can go to feed our souls.
"And none were received unto baptism save they took upon them the name of Christ, having a determination to serve him to the end. 
 "And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of their faith. 
 "And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls. 
"And they did meet together oft to partake of bread and wine, in remembrance of the Lord Jesus." Moroni 10:3-6 (italics added)
We are all seeking for greater peace and joy in our lives, and I know that you and your family will be blessed with a greater measure of both if you attend church in a house of the Lord.



Come to Church

No comments:

Post a Comment