Monday, January 9, 2012

For Such a Time as This



Esther: For Such a Time as This
By Elspeth Young
"Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king’s house, more than all the Jews...and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? Then Esther bade them return Mordecai this answer, Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me...I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king...and if I perish, I perish..." Esther 4:13-16

I love this painting and the story of Esther, it is so inspiring to me to see her incredible faith as she asks for them to fast for her. The question that Mordecai asks also really strikes me, he helps her to see that the Lord has placed her in that circumstance for a reason and she has an important work to do. I try to remember Esther whenever I wonder why I am where I am or why I'm doing what I'm doing, I strive to see the Lord's plan for me. I know as I look for that I am albe to accomplish the Lord's will for me and am able to help others in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment